The tragic story of the murder of 13-year-old Tristyn Bailey by her 14-year-old classmate, Aiden Fucci, is one that will stay with us for a long time. On Monday, Fucci pleaded guilty to first-degree murder in the grisly case, which has left a community in shock and mourning.

This blog post will take a closer look at the events leading up to the murder, the evidence against Fucci, and the impact it has had on the Bailey family and their community. We’ll also explore the chilling words that Fucci mumbled when he was first brought in for questioning, and the alleged evidence tampering by his mother.

On May 9, 2021, surveillance video captured Fucci and Tristyn Bailey walking near a pond in St. Johns County, Florida. An hour later, Fucci was seen walking away alone. When police searched the area, they found Tristyn’s body with 114 stab wounds and a piece of the murder weapon broken off in her skull.

Fucci initially offered changing stories, but eventually admitted to having been with Tristyn the night she vanished and getting into an argument with her. Police found clothes similar to what he was seen wearing in the surveillance video – with blood on them – when they served a search warrant on his bedroom.

The evidence against Fucci also included more than 100 pages of emails from a school resource officer, which revealed that Fucci’s friend claimed the slaying was “100% premeditated” and that the teen had spoken about wanting to kill something in the woods.

At a prior hearing, Fucci could be heard mumbling, “Please don’t let the demons take my soul. The demons are going to take my soul away.” His mother, Crystal Smith, was also charged with evidence tampering after investigators said they obtained video of her washing blood from her son’s jeans in a bathroom sink shortly after they took him for questioning.

The impact of this tragedy has been felt by the entire community, with St. Johns County Sheriff Robert Hardwick praising investigators for an “all-out” effort to bring Fucci to justice. The Bailey family also received an outpouring of support from their neighbors and friends.

Fucci, who is still in custody, is due back in court on February 23. We can only hope that justice will be served and that the memory of Tristyn Bailey will live on in the hearts of her family and friends.