Tragedy has struck the small town of Edgewood, New Mexico. Three teenagers have been found dead in a garage, where a propane heater was in use. The Edgewood Police Department is currently investigating the cause of death, and early indications point to carbon monoxide poisoning.

This unfortunate event serves as a reminder of the dangers of using propane heaters indoors. Propane heaters are not designed to be used in enclosed spaces, as the carbon monoxide produced is extremely hazardous. The Edgewood Police Department is in the process of notifying the families of the deceased teenagers, who were students at Moriarty High School.

In response to this tragedy, the school district has made grief counseling available to students and families. Counselors are available at the school library and in classes for those who need help processing their emotions. The Edgewood Police Department is continuing to investigate the incident, and KOAT will update the story as more information becomes available.

The Edgewood community is coming together in the wake of this tragedy, and our hearts go out to those affected. We can all learn from this incident and take steps to ensure that such a tragedy never happens again.